Please note a translation facility is available at the bottom of this page for your convenience
In- Year Admissions – Admission for Candidates applying to enter Years 7 to 9
These procedures apply both to candidates who have previously been unsuccessful in the School’s Testing procedure and to candidates who have not previously been tested. Candidates who have previously applied and sat the School’s In-Year Testing and who have not achieved the qualifying score for admission cannot re-apply in the same academic year and must leave a minimum of 12 months before applying for re-assessment.
Testing is half-termly with the next date and application details available on request from the Admissions Officer.
1. Candidates who have previously been unsuccessful in the School’s Entrance Examination procedure are able to be reassessed in the Summer Term after they have joined Year 7.
2. Candidates will be assessed for their suitability for admission to the School using the following procedure:
3. Candidates will receive a Cognitive Abilities Test (CAT) which comprises verbal, quantitative and non-verbal sections and their score will be standardised
4. The school will ask for a letter from the candidate’s current school, setting out the candidate’s current level of attainment and progress and asking for the results of any nationally-taken tests or exams
5. A scrutiny of the candidate’s work, including Maths, English, Science, Modern Foreign Languages, History and Geography. Candidates may bring work in other subjects if they wish.
6. Year 10 candidates will sit a bespoke testing which will be advised on application.
Please note that Stretford Grammar is full in all years so if your child were to be successful in our testing they would be placed on our waiting list until such a time that a place becomes available. At that time we would then allocate as per our Admissions Policy. To register your child for re-assessment please contact the Admissions Officer on 0161 866 0130.