Full Governor Meetings :
|Meeting||Full Governors||Title||Meeting Attended (1.9.2020 to 31.8.2021)|
|Governors||Mr. M. Mullins||Headteacher||0||Out of||4|
|Mr. H. Almond||Partnership Governor – Chair||0||Out of||4|
|Dr. S. Choudhri||Co-opted Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Mr. J. Holden||LA Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Dr. J Soliva||Co-opted Governor – Vice||0||Out of||4|
|Ms. S. Fairbairns||Co-Opted
|Mr. M. Weaver||Co-opted Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Mrs. M.Brettell||Co-opted Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Mr. M. Spellman||Co-opted Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Cllr. S. Taylor||LA Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Dr. S Islam-Zulfiqar||Parent Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Mr. P Daly||Partnership Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Mrs. K. Swales||Staff Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Mr. R. Tyldesley-Worster||Co-opted Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Mr. D. Wilson||Co-opted Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Committee||Finance and Resources||Meeting Attended (1.9.20-31.8.21)|
|Chair||Dr. S Choudhri||Co-opted Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Governors||Mr. H. Almond||Partnership Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Mr. M. Mullins||Headteacher||0||Out of||4|
|Mr. J. Holden||LA Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Ms. S. Fairbairns||Co-opted Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Mr. M. Weaver||Parent Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Mr. S. Lynn||Co-Opted Governor||0||Out of||4|
|Mr. R. Tyldesley-Worser||Parent Governor||0||Out of||4|
|In attendance||Mrs. M. Faulkner|
|Clerk||Mrs. B. Lawal|
Remit for Finance and Resources
The main function of the Finance and Resourcing Remit is :
-That during the autumn term the committee will consider the financial out-turn figures for the previous financial year and will assist the Headteacher in drawing up the outline budget plan – the LA will provide the Headteacher and the Chairman with details of the school’s budget allocation by 31 March;
– during the early Summer Term the committee will receive from the Headteacher the provisional budget plan and approve that provisional budget plan in accordance with any principle which the governing body may have set within the costed School Development Plan (e.g. the annual review of staff salaries) and seek the approval of the full governing body for that budget;
-following approval by the governing body, the Finance and Resources Committee will submit the school’s budget plan and Best Value Statement signed by the Chairman of the governing body, for that current financial year to the Local Authority by the 30 June;
-following approval by the governing body, the Finance and Resources Committee will submit the Statement of Internal Control, signed by the Chairman of the governing body, based on information for the previous financial year to the Local Authority during the autumn term;
-the committee will assist the Headteacher in monitoring the budget having regard to costed pupil numbers and will receive reports from the Headteacher, on a regular basis at least termly, as to the cumulative monthly spend;
-the committee will advise the Headteacher on measures to be taken to correct variance where appropriate including both major areas of underspend as well as overspend;
-as part of the delegation of the day to day financial management of the school, the Headteacher will have delegated powers to authorise expenditure in line with the agreed budget not in excess of £10,000 on invoice and £3,000 to order and to vire* an amount of money not in excess of £1,000 between budget sub-headings;
-the Finance and Resources Committee will have delegated powers to authorise expenditure of an amount of money not in excess of £20,000;
-the Finance and Resources Committee will have delegated powers to authorise the virement* of an amount of money not in excess of £50,000;
– All virement* of funds must be reported to the full governing body;
–Receive termly monitoring reports on how the school is working towards gaining the Schools Financial Value Standard (SFVS), or if it has been gained, how it is maintaining the financial management standard;
– List any other decisions or tasks that are delegated to this committee
– The Finance and Resources Committee will be responsible for reviewing the Health and Safety Policy and submitting it to the governing body for approval;
– The Finance and Resources Committee will subsequently assist the Headteacher in implementing the Health and Safety policy by:
– receiving reports relating to any Health and Safety issues from members of staff/work place safety representatives; ensuring that, as far as is practicable, all measures are taken to provide a healthy and safe working environment for pupils, staff, visitors and other persons employed in the school;
– The Committee will work with the Headteacher to draw up a care and maintenance programme for the school;
– The Committee will be responsible for inviting tenders for any repairs and maintenance contracts in accordance with the Authority’s Financial Regulations and Standing Orders and for the arrangements made for the subsequent monitoring and evaluation of contractual work;Draft and recommend for approval by the governing body any capital bids required by the Local Authority;
– List any other decisions or tasks that are delegated to this committee;
– Any decisions made or actions taken by the Finance and Resources Committee will be minuted and reported to the next meeting of the governing body.
|Chair||Dr. J. Soliva||Parent Governor/Vice Chair||0||Out of||3|
|Governors||Mr. H. Almond||Partnership Governor||0||Out of||3|
|Mr. M. Mullins||Headteacher||0||Out of||3|
|Dr. S. Choudhri||Co-opted Governor||0||Out of||3|
|Cllr S. Taylor||LA Governor||0||Out of||3|
|Mr. R. Tyldesley-Worster||Parent Governor||0||Out of||3|
|Mr. M. Weaver||Parent Governor||0||Out of||3|
|In attendance||Mrs. S. Townsend, Mr. D. Price
Mrs H. Dolphin
|Clerk||Mrs E Hayes|
Remit for Admissions
The main function of the Admissions Remit is:
– The main function of the committee will be to publish annually the School’s Admissions Policy. In this context, the Schools’ Admissions Policy includes all matters pertaining to the entrance of students to the School – including the setting of the pass mark, all administrative processes, all testing procedures, all review processes and all statutory appeals processes. In determining this Policy, the Governors will review as necessary the administration and effects of the Admissions Policy for the previous year, consider any changes which are required, and approve them. To enable them to do so effectively they will, from time to time, be required to work as a task group in close collaboration with the staff of the school whose professional expertise will be invaluable.
-The committee will be responsible for ensuring that the school publishes an Admissions Policy for consultation each year and that this Policy is communicated with Trafford after the appropriate consultations.
-The committee will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the marketing of the school and the effectiveness of its communications with all stakeholders.
-The committee will monitor and review the Admission of students to the School in relation to race, disability and gender in line with the 2010 Discrimination Act. They will review and report on progress in these areas on an annual basis.
|Meeting||Standards & Curriculum||Title|| Attended
|Chair||0||Out of 4|
|Governors||Mr H Almond||Partnership Governor||0||Out of 4|
|Dr J Soliva||Co-opted Governor||0||Out of 4|
|Mr M Mullins||Headteacher||0||Out of 4|
|Mrs K Swales||Staff Governor||0||Out of 4|
|Mrs M Brettell||Co-opted Governor||0||Out of 4|
|Mrs S Fairbairns||Co-opted Governor||0||Out of 4|
|Mr R Tyldesley-Worster||Parent Governor||0||Out of 4|
|Mr D Wilson||0||Out of 4|
|In attendance||Mrs L Baxter, Mr I Nicholson, Mr D Price||Staff Teachers|
|Clerk||Mr I Nicholson||Teacher|
Remit for Standards and Curriculum
The main function of the Standards and Curriculum Remit is :
-To review the curriculum and provision for students and staffing consequent upon this provision. This includes a review of external examination results.
-To review as necessary any of the governing body curriculum policies and to consider any changes which are required and to approve them.
-The committee will work with the Head and staff to undertake any preliminary review or audit of the School Development Plan prior to its submission for approval to the Governing Body.
-The committee will monitor the sections of the School Development Plan (SDP) that are concerned with the curriculum and receive evaluation of them at the end of the cycle.
-The committee will monitor and review action plans and schemes in relation to race, disability and gender. They will review and report on progress in these areas on an annual basis.
-To enable the committee to do so effectively they will from time to time required to work as a task group in close collaboration with the staff of the school whose professional expertise will be invaluable.
|Committee||Student Welfare||Meeting Attended
|Chair||Dr. S. Islam-Zulfiqar||Parent Governor||0||Out of||3|
|Governors||Mr. M. Mullins||Headteacher||0||Out of||3|
|Dr. J. Soliva||Co-opted Governor/Vice Chair||0||Out of||3|
|Mr. J. Holden||LA Governor||0||Out of||3|
|Mrs. M. Brettell||Co-opted Governor||0||Out of||3|
|Mr. P. Daly
|In attendance||Mrs Dolphin
Remit for Student Welfare
The main function of the Student Welfare Remit is :
– Advise the Governing Body on matters relating to the welfare and discipline of students of the school, in particular safeguarding, child protection and prevent duties
– Monitor the implementation of Governors’ policies which provide a framework for the management of matters relating to student welfare and discipline.
– Review the policies noted in (ii) above on an agreed basis, making recommendations to the Governing Body.
– Monitor the management of exclusions and formally discuss relevant statistics at least annually.
– Review the attendance procedures and statistics on a regular basis and at least annually.
– Liaise with the School Council to hear matters raised through the council.
Meeting Dates 2020-2021
|9th September||Chairs’ Meeting|
|16th September||Board of Governors|
|14th October||Student Welfare|
|11th November||Standards and Curriculum|
|9th December||Board of Governors|
|10th February||Student Welfare|
|10th March||Standards and Curriculum|
|24th March||Board of Governors|
|21st April||5.30pm Finance & Resources (final accounts sign off)
6.30pm Chairs’ Meeting
|5th May||Student Welfare|
|19th May||Finance & Resources|
|26th May||Standards and Curriculum|
|16th June||Board of Governors|